[H-GEN] Linux backup tool of choice

Marco Grigull kni501ss at optushome.com.au
Tue Apr 8 06:28:26 EDT 2003

Whilst on the subject of tapes and drives, how hard would it be to
implement a filesystem on a scsi tape, either from scratch or using
something like udf/packet driver?  I think the consideration would be
the tape drive device is a character device ...

There is a utility available under win9x that does this, and while it
looks kinda neat, but I'd rather not (share/licence-ware).
http://www.datman.com/dlcent.htm

You guessed it, I would like to use the tapes for storing divx's and
the like.

Cheers,
Marco

PS. The even crazier idea is to use microcassettes for storing system
logs