[H-GEN] j2ee runtime binaries

Andrae Muys amuys at contal.net.au
Fri Sep 20 01:52:50 EDT 2002

Paul Cornford wrote:
> I need a jre to run some j2ee standalones on machines other than my own,
> which uses the j2sdkee, and in particular, the javax.mail stuff. The j2sdkee
> license allows me only "internal use". In other words, I want to be able to
> distribute a jre with my standalones that includes the j2ee specific runtime.

Well if you're after javax.mail.* then the reference implementation is
freely distributable according to the FAQ.

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/

You'll find the FAQ entry at

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/FAQ.html#getJM

Specifically:

Q: How do I get an implementation of the JavaMail API?
A: Sun provides a royalty-free reference implementation, in binary form,
that developers may use and ship. The reference implementation includes the
core JavaMail packages and IMAP, POP3, and SMTP service providers.

Andrae