[H-GEN] Re: [Fwd: Re: [HUM-TALKS] talk wanted.]

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 17 05:48:40 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 17:09, Andrae Muys wrote:

> Matthew Taylor wrote:
> > http://www-dse.doc.ic.ac.uk/concurrency/
> >
> > the 'new' textbook used in the UQ course, FSP tool for testing simple
> > models in java.
> > wrt talk, I'm thinking a basic concepts type talk, the range of
> > training/skill levels would leave me lost, tho I know others stronger on
> > this topic will want to go further.
> >

> (CC:ed to general to get feedback)
>
> Ok, so I'm wondering how many of the people who might be interested in an
> intro-talk/lecturette/tutorial (yet to be determinied) are already doing or
> have done a concurrency subject at UQ/QUT/etc; and how many aren't/haven't.

Hmm, I don't know what level of detail the concurrency subjects go into,
but I've looked at the pthreads animal book and read the Java threads
animal (eh, spin top), and Lea's java book. I think that it would be a
little over ambitious to try to cover advanced stuff in a once off talk
without loosing a fair amount of folks by doing it. I'd be interested
but I tend to find I'm the sort of guy who just RTFMs instead of sitting
in a lec/talk.

http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/