[H-GEN] Re: Spam Assassin

Harry Phillips hphillips at 4ward.com.au
Sat Oct 26 20:08:45 EDT 2002

> Did the upgrade to spamc/spamd require upgrading Spamassassin itself,

There is no 'upgrade' spamc/spamd are already included, there are two
differences when using the spamc/spamd method
1. You start the 'spamd' daemon,
2. You change the line in your .procmailrc from '| spamassassin' to '|
spamc'

I'm using Mandrake 8.2 so I was able to start it using the
'redhat-rc-script.sh' in the 'spamd' directory. You find that dir when
you compile the source using the instructions from the SA web site.

BTW I tried installing the SA rpm's but I kept getting an error message
error: failed dependencies:
        perl(Pod::Usage) is needed by perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.43-2
        perl(HTML::Parser) is needed by perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.43-2

I then tried installing those using CPAN and I got a message that they
were already installed. That's why I had to compile SA from source, I
prefer to use rpm's but in this case I couldn't. Does anyone know what
rpm those two are in?

---