[H-GEN] Replacement Mice (was: While we're at it)

David Jericho david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au
Wed Oct 23 23:57:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:32:13PM +1000, Joel Michael wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I still love the little critter, however it just
> annoys me how quickly the bearings in it get clogged up, stopping the
> ball from moving.  It is especially annoying when playing FPS games,
> when the ball doesn't move in certain directions.

*blink*

I get annoyed at how the wheels on my car get clogged up when I go for
a drive across the mud flats at Redcliffe[1].

One thing I have learnt over the years, about any tool I work with, is
make sure you wash your hands and get the dirt off them[2]. Now, I'm not
accusing you of being dirty or anything, but I've always been
astounded at how much dirt can find its way onto my keyboard or into
my trackball if I haven't wash my hands after being into the city.

> That, and I've been getting very used to the mouse at work (another MS
> Optical mouse), so I figured it was about time to switch back.  Anyway,
> my trackman marble is about 4 or 5 years old now :-)

There maybe your problem. Think about how icky your mouse would feel
if it too were 4 or 5 years old. I usually replace my keyboards every
two years, and my mice just as frequently.

[1] Sorry, it's a "beach" apparently.
[2] Ask my housemate, I'm definiately not obsessive compulsive :)

--
David Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Bytecomm Pty Ltd

--
Scanned and found clear of viruses by ENTIREScan.  http://www.entirescan.com/