[H-GEN] Replacement Mice (was: While we're at it)

Joel Michael joel at diggy.com.au
Wed Oct 23 22:32:13 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 14:34, Ian Foran wrote:
> I share David Jerico's appreciation for the TrackMan Marble so I'm a little curious
> why you decided to walk away from it?

Don't get me wrong, I still love the little critter, however it just
annoys me how quickly the bearings in it get clogged up, stopping the
ball from moving.  It is especially annoying when playing FPS games,
when the ball doesn't move in certain directions.

That's pretty much the only reason I've moved to an optical mouse.

That, and I've been getting very used to the mouse at work (another MS
Optical mouse), so I figured it was about time to switch back.  Anyway,
my trackman marble is about 4 or 5 years old now :-)
--
Joel Michael			|  Phone:	+61 7 3367 3555
Systems Administrator		|  Fax:		+61 7 3367 3544
http://www.worldhosting.org/	|  Email:	joel at diggy.com.au