[H-GEN] CVS is very very slow ...

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 11 01:32:43 EDT 2002

For context, "it" refers to subversion, a CVS replacement.

 --- Ben Fowler <fowlerb at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> It appears to be a major pain to get up and
> running at this point, so don't expect installation to be a cakewalk.

While not exactly a cakewalk, it wasn't a pain.  Just had to make sure I
had current versions of zlib, openSSL, and openSSH, and Apache with
mod_dav.  I wanted all of that stuff anyway, as there are security holes
that were recently pointed out on this list.  On the other hand, before I
updated, I got subversion working without zlib and SSL.

The only really painfull part was that the bootstrap version included a
version of neon that was not the correct version for the latest subversion,
and the latest subversion didn't have neon.  Downloaded the latest version
of neon, dropped it into the subversion directory, and away I went.

> Add-on tools (like a viewcvs workalike) also appears to be completely
> missing at the moment.

If it passes the rest of my tests, I'll be writing some myself to add into
the rest of the development environment I'm writing.

The web front end is very basic, but since my IDE is web based anyway, that
doesn't concern me.

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Always be connected to your Messenger Friends