[H-GEN] Grey Motorola modem

R&J Stuart rjstuart at bigpond.net.au
Sat Nov 30 21:26:53 EST 2002

Hi Tony,

I don't know much about these cable modems, but I suspect he is
referring to the mac address on the modem.  As I understand it, the mac
address must be registered with BP before the modem will work - I had
mine replaced recently and that was what they told me.  Does anyone else
have any details about this (ie has anyone plugged in a modem that has
never been on the Telstra network and it worked ok)?

You can probably change the mac address in some way via a console,
telnet or web interface - I have never even seen the modem you are
referring to so its impossible to say for sure.  Your best bet might be
to jump on Motorola's web site and see if the docs give any further
information for you.

Hope that helps.

--
Robert and Jodie Stuart