[H-GEN] modifying the hardware setup

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Tue Nov 19 20:05:56 EST 2002

On Wed Nov 20 2002 at 10:22, David Jericho wrote:

> > I'm also realy interested in finding out about any open source or Linux based
> > utilities to do the same thing as Ghost.  I have heard there is something
> > available thats basically just a collection of shell scripts.  Unfortunately,
> > I've never found or seen it.
>
> I've been meaning to have a good hard look at Mondo sometime, but I've
> never gotten around to it. If I recall correctly, the latest versions
> have added some networking ability to restore images. Still not as
> spiffy as Ghost though.

parted is getting pretty functional nowdays, and handles network
mirroring and restoring (including windows filesystems).  With a bit
more functionality added (on the way) and a nice front-end gui, it
would rival things like ghost and be able to handle all sorts of
different filesystems and installation methods.

Cheers
Tony