[H-GEN] Mozilla, style sheets, and Microsoft's knowledge base

3 Blokes gerbil at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 14 23:28:37 EST 2002

Jason Parker-Burlingham" <jasonp at uq.net.au> writes:

> > My experience with Windows is that a reinstall once a month is
mandatory.

> Oh you have simply *got* to be joking.

I reinstall at least once a month, but I use my computer in ways that most
people don't and due to the nature of my work it becomes necessary.  I also
enjoy having a nice clean computer, free of the junk that accumulates.

What I'm saying here is that whether you need to format month/weekly/yearly
or whatever all depends on how you use your computer, I've had a 98 install
on my parents P166 for around three years now, and it still runs like new,
why?, because my parents don't use their computer to do anything but
Hotmail, usually once a day, where as a clean 2k or XP install on my
computer will be unusable within two or three months.

Saying that he has "got to be joking" is ignorant in my opinion, it all
depends on the situation you are dealing with.