[H-GEN] Mozilla, style sheets, and Microsoft's knowledge base

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 16 01:44:57 EST 2002

 --- David Jericho <david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 11:04:53AM +1100, David Seikel wrote:
> > My experience with Windows is that a reinstall once a month is
> mandatory.
>
> Just to make it clear I'm not leaping to Windows defence, Windows
> _can_ be stable if you understand the broken nature of its various
> elements.
>
> There are a few easy steps to making windows stable.
>
> 1) Don't use IE. At all.

As I said, I'm doing this for a browser test box, so running IE is
mandatory.

> Seriously look at VMware. It runs fast enough if you're only doing
> browser testing, and keeping system images as backups is a truely
> trivial task. It's cheaper than a second machine as well.

I need a network to test the network software that I am writing.  My chat
client for instance, works fine running on the same machine the server is
running on, but put a real network in between and it falls over.  I need a
real network to do real network testing.  It's not just a second machine to
run another OS on, it's a second machine so that I have enough to run a
network.  Since I already have half a second machine, VMware would cost
about the same.

http://careers.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Careers
- 1,000's of jobs waiting online for you!