[H-GEN] Mysterious lockups and other weird behaviour

Steven McIntyre stev at uq.net.au
Tue Nov 5 09:06:04 EST 2002

> It's impossible to diagnose beyond this from the information
> provided.
>
> If you want guesses, it's quite on the cards that you have some
> flaky hardware, possibly just some bad connections caused when
> you removed the internal modem.  It would certainly be worth
> checking all connections and cables and running whatever you can
> in the way of hardware diagnostics.

  This point cannot be stressed enough; faulty memory will most
certainly cause bizarre and unpredictable behaviour with any system
(not just the PC platform).  This problem is common on the PC platform,
and does occur with other architectures.

  I completely agree with the above as well, I've seen too many
"hardware" problems on PC architecture caused by loose cables
and intermittent connections (including loose AGP/PCI cards).
Double check all connections and interfaces, this advise
applies to all electronic equipment; including pinball machines :P

Steven McIntyre
stev at uq.net.au