[H-GEN] Databases, application development & licensing restrictions of open source software

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Sun Nov 3 06:49:09 EST 2002

Hi Patrick:

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Patrick Nichols wrote:
> What effect does using open source software have on our ability to
> develop our custom web based application in specific regards to
> licensing.

Really no different from any other sort of license: you are restricted in
what you may do by the terms of the license. Most of the tools in the web
space will allow you to develop commercial or free software. My advice
would be to include license conditions in your evaluation of candidate
products for your solution.

Cheers,

Raymond