[H-GEN] Databases, application development & licensing restrictions of open source software

Douglas C chexsum at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 1 12:34:42 EST 2002

Robert Kearey wrote:

> It's pretty good these days. We'll even support it for you! Please
> buy, it so I can keep this kitten fed:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/rkearey/kitten/kitten.jpg
>
> You wouldn't want this kitten to starve, would you? WOULD YOU?

So this is how Redhat maintainers make money - huh. :P

I liked PostgreSQL Server as it was very simple to setup, develop and
manage a database with it. Although, AFAIK it isnt very fast for simple
queries when compared with MySQL (which was a great pain to setup,
develop and manage)?

PostgreSQL is definately more free than MySQL and I wouldnt think of
using anything but either of these.