[H-GEN] starting servers

James C. McPherson James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Thu May 30 23:10:31 EDT 2002

On Fri, 31 May 2002 13:00:39 +1000 (EST) "Nikolai Lusan" <nikolai at humbug.org.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2002, Tim Kent wrote:
> > Just thought I'd let you know, Debian comes with a nice little utility
> > called 'update-rc.d' which can do this all for you.
> Personally I don't like update-rc.d, I found it a bit cumbersome and
> spent more time trying to remember syntax and options than I did with ln
> :)
> But then I am also a big fat control freak.

I think it's more that you'd prefer to keep control over what gets put where
on your system. Personal preference -- if you like to have things done for you
then use update-rc.d, but if you're actually interested in what you have
installed, clues+ln are your friend ;|

James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim CPR Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                               Gordon NSW

Failfast panic: those controlling voices in my head have
stopped telling me what to do.....