[H-GEN] remote display of programs

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Fri May 31 07:54:19 EDT 2002

Hi Everybody,
	I finally found the time to try VNC last night, and I can honestly say I
wished I'd tried it earlier. Set up was fairly straight forward,
although I did have some problems with the connection being refuse by
the server, which turned out to be something silly I did. Searching the
news groups seems to indicate this is one of the most common problems
though.

Other issues I've seen so far is temporary loss of the use of some
keyboard keys (this was quite recoverable) and annoying placement of
some programs. Still only minor really. However what impressed me the
most was the ability to disconnect, and reconnect from where I'd left
of, even from another machine. I also noticed not only windows and mac
clients, but servers as well, I'll have a go at these over the next few
days, as this would be quite useful to me.

The speed of the connection seemed quite usable, although I've only
tried VNC over my local network so far and not over the big bad and slow
internet.

cheers

Johann

--