[H-GEN] remote display of programs

Rick Phillips rickp at universal.net.au
Fri May 31 03:53:23 EDT 2002

Tony, I have three Windows boxes running VNCserver which I contact via the
Internet using VNC Client on either Windows or Linux boxes and one Linux box
running VNCserver (TightVNC) on my internal network.  I use the latter
because I can use X (which I find fine to use - I'm not a purist) and it
would be handy to be able to use a browser at times.

I have tried http://???.???.???.???:5801 using my browser on all of these
servers and it does not work.  The port is probably incorrect.

Rick