[H-GEN] Permissions problem

hphillips at 4ward.com.au hphillips at 4ward.com.au
Wed May 22 19:49:19 EDT 2002

> Add to the share(s) in question 'directory mode=750'. Works for me. Also,
> check the 'create mode' value.
>
> Cheers
>
> Johannes

1. That setting is a setting in smb.conf right?
2. Thats the permissions it changes *to* which is what I don't want.
3. 'directory mode=xxx' is the unix permissions that are given when a user creates
a new directory on a current share using samba. The directory already exists.
4. 'create mode=xxx' is the unix permissions given to a new file when it is created,
the problem has nothing to do with files permissions.
5. It is the unix permissions that are changing and have to be changed back.

Regards
Harry