[H-GEN] Mailman

Sarah Walters sarah at uow.edu.au
Thu May 16 02:27:00 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 04:15:21PM +1000, Mark Suter wrote:
> Although I haven't had the chance to use it, Mailman does support
> "umbrella" lists that have lists subscribed to them.
>
>     http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=umbrella&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search
>
> Given how easy it is to write hte python code to extend Mailman,
> this is probably an easy this to extend in whatever weird way you
> may want it to be extended.

Thanks for that. As it says, a person on two lists under the umbrella list
will receive the mail twice. We want to prevent that. We'll just have to add
the capability ourselves. Python is the scripting language of choice around
here anyhow.

Mrs Sarah Walters					sarah at uow.edu.au
Information Technology Services				Bld 17 Level 2
The University of Wollongong				Ph: +61 2 4221 3775