[H-GEN] installing Apache & TomCat

Matthew Taylor bmatthewtaylor at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 15 01:55:23 EDT 2002

Raymond Smith wrote:

>>[2] I'd come to really like the templating style used in webmacro, just
>>noticed the 'struts' framework, anybody here using that?
>>

>No -- what is that about?

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/index.html
struts is not J2EE > "a framework for servlets/beans/JSP".

I only noticed it after prodding a potential employer on what they were
using... havn't even tried installing it yet.

is there interest in a mini dsig or 'workshop' on this topic (J2EE, JSP,
JavaBeans, templating systems) next humbug? I'm feeling generous and
might put on a pizza to lure the more knowledgeable into imparting their
knowledge. [at a slow enough rate for me to absorb it.] I'd be
interested to compare the best java has to offer with perl or 'other
language or your choice' at a subsequent session.

Mat.