[H-GEN] test

Sandra Milne silne at optushome.com.au
Tue May 14 08:04:04 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 19:59, Michael Anthon wrote:

> One moment you are talking about XWin32, the next about needing an X server
> on your linux system to make it work.... either you aren't explaining
> yourself well or you misunderstand what is required.  If you want to get X
> working for remote stuff, simply disable the local servers in your
> xdm|gdm|kdm configuration and enable XDMCP.  For example, part of my
> gdm.conf is like this....

Perhaps I wasn't explaining myself. gdm wouldn't start because the X
server kept on crashing. I have it all running now, and I'm typing this
email in evolution. the SO is very impressed with my skillz, and even
with both of us running xwin32 and using quite a few resources on our
server, we aren't even using 50% of the ram in the machine. I'm very
impressed and wishing I had this going years and years ago.

Sandra.