[H-GEN] test

Jimmy Freese jim at math.hawaii.edu
Sat May 11 00:10:12 EDT 2002

I haven't used much else since I learned emacs but I guess it depends on
what you want to figure it's benefits vs disk space costs.

I wouldn't say that it's all that hard to learn. I think this Xemacs makes
things pretty easy if you like using the mouse and might be a good idea
when you are learning. But I think emacs' good qualities come from it's
keyboard short cuts. I found that I could get around the buffer fairly
fast once I got those commands dialed.
It does give you the flexibility to do many other things like run a little
shell in there and compile your programs as well as lots of other things.

It's tough to say how good it will be for you. I think it's worth a try
and the nice thing is that there are choices out there.