[H-GEN] Access denied

Paul Cornford pcornford at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 10 09:02:33 EDT 2002

Can anyone tell me why I am suddenly, out of the blue, getting the
following error when sending emails through Netscape 6.2:

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.5.5
Access denied. Please verify that your email address is correct in your
Mail preferences and try again.".

This has occurred without any alteration to my account settings which are
still fine. I have no difficulty in receiving messages. When sending I
get in maillog the following:

"sendmail[4016]: g4CZi104016: tcpwrappers
(localhost.local.localdomain.127.0.0.1) rejection."

Then when I click OK maillog says:

"sendmail[4016]: NOQUEUE: localhost.local.localdomain [127.0.0.1] did not
issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA".

I can send messages through Netscape as root and also as a non-privileged
user through StarOffice.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Cornford.