[H-GEN] Best Easy Firewall
rob at rotapile.com
Mon May 6 09:39:42 EDT 2002
[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
I find killerwall http://killerwall.sourceforge.net/ to be reasonably
flexible and not too straining to configure.
I'll tell you how secure it is after you can cut me half a piecs of
string and bury it in half a hole.
Heres a few quickies on it :
1. Supports both ipchains and iptables
2. Can be placed in /etc/init.d/ and started/stopped as a regular init
3. Supports most options you should ever need.
4. Is an all in one, the script is also the config file, or you can use
/etc/firewall.conf as the config file if you prefer.
5. It's self documented.
* This is list (humbug) general handled by majordomo at lists.humbug.org.au .
* Postings to this list are only accepted from subscribed addresses of
* lists 'general' or 'general-post'. See http://www.humbug.org.au/
More information about the General