[H-GEN] Getting the external HP cd4e cdwriter with USB to work in Linux

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Thu May 2 19:15:05 EDT 2002

Hi Paul,

Paul Cornford wrote:

> Does anyone know if it's possible to get an HP cd4e cdwriter using USB
> to work in Linux? The latest HOWTO  says "no" but is almost a couple of
> years old. The www.tldp.org/HOWTO doesn't help much either.

Have you tried the google groups search? I did a quick search and one entry
had the cd drive working but not the burner. Depending on your install, I'd
open up and xterm, do a

tail -f /var/log/messages

and plug the thing in. With the tail command, you'll be able to see if its
detected or not straight away and if the system can find a driver for it.

cheers

Johann

--
Johann Kwiatkowski