[H-GEN] P4 vs Athlon

Tim Kent Tim.Kent at centrixsystems.com.au
Wed May 1 01:57:01 EDT 2002

That is my aim when I posted about the SCA drive a few days ago.  I'm planning on replacing the drives in a SPARCstation 5 power supply with Papst ones. (http://www.papst.de/english/products_luefter_dcaxial01.html) and I am hoping that the 2bel seagate drive comes in SCA format (ST318438xx)

I'd be interested in how your other low-noise projects go :-)

Regards
Tim

On Wed, 1 May 2002, David Jericho wrote:
> I'd love to replace my heatsink and fan combination with a noiseless
> solution, as my machine currently lives in my bedroom.

That's the general problem I'd like to solve.  Simply put, I'm hoping to
relegate my PC to the garage (where it can make as much noise as it
likes) and eliminate every moving part (ie. noise) from an NC in my
room.  I'll probably keep a CD or DVD drive as it only moves when I
presumably want some noise :).

Yes I could (should) probably just use an X-Terminal, but where's the fun
in that!? ;)

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys