[H-GEN] P4 vs Athlon

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Wed May 1 01:51:34 EDT 2002

David Jericho wrote:
>I'm wondering what sort of heatsink design, and case layout would be
>used to keep an Athlon or P4 cool, and running at high speed without
>the need for a fan (or minimal rpm fan).

for me, if I was serious about cooling, I'd go straight to liquid nitrogen, of
course its going to cost youa little to maintain, but you'll never need a fan and
there is great opportunity for overclocking. For example see
http://www.overclockers.com/tips422/
I've also heard of water cooling, but I've always felt a bit funny about ruuning
water through a computer.

cheers

Johann

--