[H-GEN] RHN's suggestion for dependency problem

Scott Pullen spullen at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 28 23:51:06 EST 2002

I have copied the message below.  After executing the first command I tried the second and it came up with the same problem with the added bonus of the extra file not listed in the copied message.

The problem seems to be that there are a few other packages that depend on files that are renamed in the new packages. librpmio.so.0 seems to be renamed librpmio.so ??????

kdeadmin-2.1.1-3
rpm2html-1.5-4
rpmfind-1.6.5
gnorpm-0.96-1

The latest rpm package is 4.0.4-7x .  I hate to admit this but in my frustration I removed the rpm packages using rpm and then tried to reinstall the latest packages using, you guessed it rpm ... stop laughing ... its really not that funny ... ok it is that funny.

I am currently downloading the 4.0.4.7x tar.gz from rpm.org (all 15 and a half meg over a dialup) and will reinstall it.  Hopefully this will fix the problems.  I am not sure how the dependant programs will go but I will let you know.

Cheers,

Scott.

Scott Pullen <spullen at optusnet.com.au> writes:

> A package providing librpmio.so.0 could not be found
>> A package providing librpm.so.0 could not be found

This is probably caused by the presence of the perl-Perl-RPM package, which
has been renamed to rpm-perl.  Try uninstalling the old package and
installing the new one:

  rpm -e --nodeps perl-Perl-RPM
  up2date rpm-perl

You should then be able to proceed with your update.

Thank you,
RHN Team