[H-GEN] Recent RH7.2 pocketbook.

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Sat Mar 23 18:58:04 EST 2002

>Just recently there was a RH 7.2 pocketbook available in the newsagents.
>Unfortunately by the time I decided to buy they were all gone. Does anyone
>know who the publishers were so that I can try mail ordering one?

There are two "pocket books" of which you speak.

There is one put out by APC (The Linux Pocket Book) but to my knowledge I
dont think this was Red Hat 7.2....the last of the standard editions was Red
Hat 7.0 and Mandrake 7.2. The Advanced Linux Pocket Book had Debian on it
(2.2 r4 IIRC). These are $19.95 retail but can be obtained directly  (2 for
$19.95...never guess that these are out of date).

These can be seen at http://www.ozpocketbooks.com

There is also a Red Hat pocket book available, which I think is the one you
might mean (can't recall the publisher) and this has Red Hat 7.2 (Rob Kearey
may or may not necessarily be prepared to agree but with the people that I
talk to the logic is never buy Red Hat x.0 - mind you, I understand that
current policy at, say Suncorp Metway, is to avoid ant software version
x.0).

The Red Hat pocketbook is available (in-stock or at least it was on Friday -
he had about 8 copies) at the newsagent at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown  - at
least the newsagent on the third level next to an alleyway.

Frank Brand