[H-GEN] fowarding port 80

Mon Mar 18 20:39:20 EST 2002

David Thorndike wrote:

> I have a debian router here and I want it to pass all port 80 requests
> through to another box on my internal network, Is this possible and if so,
> can anyone help me or suggest any good docs to help me get it working.

This is definitely possible, and in true Unix style, there are
many to do this, each with different trade-offs.  Here are two
common options:

    * Application level using Squid:

	http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html

    * Network level using netfilter:

	http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//NAT-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.2

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter  | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter at humbug.org.au | what you think I said, but I am not sure
gpg key id F2FEBB36 | you realise that what you  heard  is not
mobile 0411 262 316 | what I meant.        Robert J. McCloskey