[H-GEN] samba-swat

Paul Cornford pcornford at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 11 20:35:19 EST 2002

I cannot seem to get samba-swat working in order to edit smb.conf. There
is no urgency here as I have been editing it manually for years. I have
tried inserting "server_args = -s /etc/samba/smb.conf" into
/etc/xinetd.d/swat, but it hasn't fixed the problem. I am using Samba
2.2.1a-4 on a RH 7.2 machine. I tried upgrading to the latest Samba
version but it made no difference. When I try accessing
"http://localhost:901" as root as per the man page using Netscape 6.2
all I get is "info.netscape.com could not be found"...etc.
"http://127.0.0.1:901" gives me "Connection refused". Anyone got any ideas?

Regards,

Paul Cornford.