[H-GEN] ximian gnome and redhat

David Starkoff dbs at humbug.org.au
Mon Mar 11 04:39:08 EST 2002

At 2002-03-08T18:12+1000, Rob Kearey wrote:

> Tony Nugent wrote:
>
> >  I've heard of something called "gnomehide", apparently a "rawhide"
> >  for a "redhat-compatable" ximian-like gnome release.  (I could be
> >  wrong).  Anyone know more about this, what it is like, where it can
> >  be downloaded?

Gnomehide, from what I've been able to gather from enigma-list, is a set
of reasonably recent GNOME builds as RPMs for 7.2.  As well as the GNOME
1 stuff (including Evolution) that you've come to know and love, it also
includes GNOME 2 builds.  You can get it from

  ftp://people.redhat.com/hp/gnomehide/

It hasn't been updated since 2002-02-03, though.  Although I seem to
have a vague recollection of Havoc Pennington saying he was tempted to
roll out a GNOME 2 desktop beta Gnomehide when it got reasonably stable.

I also remember reading that Rawhide pulls from Gnomehide and the
internal Red Hat Rawhide tree, depending on what is more recent, so
Rawhide and Gnomehide aren't necessarily the same thing.

But I'll let someone who Actually Knows(tm) speak to that if I'm
mistaken.

> planetmirror! :)

I had a quick look around and I couldn't see it.  Could you possibly
share a URL?

David.