[H-GEN] ADSL providers

Brent Wesley bwesley at scanningsystems.com.au
Wed Mar 6 17:47:04 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Robert Brockway wrote:

> Hi all.  Any comments about the following ADSL providers in Brisbane.  i'm
> considering them for a business installation which have static IP, etc.
> I've checked out prices, more interested in anecdotal stories of
> experiences, etc.
>
> Pacific Internet	http://www.pacific.net.au
> Spin			http://www.spin.net.au
>
> Any other suggestions.  We're looking for good service and responsiveness
> with faults.  The usual in other words :)
> Rob

We changed to Pacific internet mid last year have have had no real
problems. Like the others said, there has only been a handfull of outages
and they very quick to repond. Speed seems to be good and we have a 1GB
download grace period on traffic on a 1.5MB link. We used their Alcatel
home modem on a Debian Linux router pc and had no problems setting it up
as they seme to be cluefull about linux (Most of their servers run
Debian).

--
Brent Wesley
Systems Programmer