[H-GEN] lilo error

Shaun Nykvist s.nykvist at qut.edu.au
Tue Jun 18 19:56:22 EDT 2002

hi all

I am in the process of installing debian on a pII 400 with a scsi hd.  I go
thru the install process with no problem, however when I reboot it hangs
with just the letters "Li " - I have seen this before, but I can not
remember how I fixed it in the past.  I do not have a boot partition but do
have a boot disk for the machine.  The partitioning is fairly simple with
just a / , /tmp, /usr, /var, /home (located  on another disk) and a
swap.  This machine has run linux before and booted from the scsi hard
drive. any help in solving this problem would be appreciated

Cheers
Shaun