[H-GEN] Rebuilding kernel modules

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sun Jun 9 08:03:20 EDT 2002

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Paul Gearon wrote:

> > >wow, there must be some big difference between the sx/16 and dx/33 :)
> > >
> > it's called a math coprocessor.
>
> ...and a double sized bus.  The 386SX had 16 data pins and needed two

That's a good point.  The 386SX was meant to be a drop in replacement for
a 286.  I understand it did work with the last 286 configuration (there
were 3 different 286 designs during manufacture I believe - the chip was
physicaly different in each).  This is all from memory of course :)

Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   avon: up 1 day, 20:55,  0 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.06, 0.01