[H-GEN] Rebuilding kernel modules

Paul Gearon pag at PISoftware.com
Sun Jun 9 07:49:30 EDT 2002

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Sandra Milne wrote:

> >wow, there must be some big difference between the sx/16 and dx/33 :)
> >
> it's called a math coprocessor.

...and a double sized bus.  The 386SX had 16 data pins and needed two
cycles to move a single 32 bit word.  The 386DX had 32 data pins and only
required a single cycle to move data.

Regards,
Paul Gearon

Software Engineer                Telephone:   +61 7 3876 2188
Plugged In Software              Fax:         +61 7 3876 4899
http://www.PIsoftware.com        PGP Key available via finger

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")