[H-GEN] Quality of Linux on the Desktop

Anthony Ison anthony.ison at gbst.com
Wed Jun 5 18:47:20 EDT 2002

> [0] I'm in agreement with this.  A teacher can (well, hopefully) teach
> better than a computer, and if you want entertainment, there's plenty of
> that outside the computer room (or the corner where the computer lives,
> depending on the size of the school).  Combining the two in some twisted
> "edutainment" package doesn't seem terribly bright.

I'd have to disagree with this.  I find that one of the best ways of
educating people is through the use of games.  While you may consider
computers to be a productivity tool, there is an entire industry based on
them being used for games.  So, if the tool is already being used for
gaming, I would think that combining that with education would be a
reasonable thing to do.  Whether a teacher is able to provide a better
learning strategy would depend entirely on the teacher, and in my opinion is
certainly not something that can be assumed....  (unfortunately)