[H-GEN] QLD Education

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Wed Jun 5 02:46:53 EDT 2002

Robert Brockway <robert at timetraveller.org> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> I think we're looking at 2 different issues here.
>
> The agreement with Microsoft seems to have 2 components, at least as
> mentioned here:
>
> 1. A single organisation wide licencing agreement.

Back when my wife was a teacher the proposed agreement was a flat fee
for N years of licensing.   The problem was that the fee would
basically consume the entire IT budget, effectively enforcing an MS
monopoly, as there would be no money left for 3rd party software.

The teachers and the union were dead against it.  I wasn't aware that
it had become policy over their objections (my wife's been on leave
for a year, so we're out of the loop).

--cjb