[H-GEN] Cathedral & the bazaar & algorithms / Data Structures.

Matthew Taylor bmatthewtaylor at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 4 01:55:52 EDT 2002

Just noticed one of Eric Raymonds lesser (?) known works,

http://tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/hacker-history/

hrm... some nostalgia for some.... :)

On the algorithms front, I'm curious on reccomendations for a 'must
have' data Structures & Algorithms reference. Recalling that statement
during one of the linux conf keynotes 'there's been no real advances in
computer algorithms for the last ?20? years'  , that considered I'm
guessing there should be a few good solid reference style books,
reccomendations anyone?

[I need to get a handle on Dijkstra, Morris Pratt, Graphs, Tries, the
more basic data structures & sorting algorithms being amply covered in
various texts.]

Mat.
[musing over whether 2 subjects in a post breaks netequitte..]