[H-GEN] Linux distribution mirrors

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 29 02:51:24 EDT 2002

It was suggested at the end of the last meeting that we setup mirrors
of the major distributions on the proxy server that we all go through
during the meetings (hydra I think it's called).  To begin with at
least, I will have HTTP and FTP servers setup on my box with the full
SuSe 8.0 release plus updates.  Naturally it will take a little longer
to get the updates section fully up to date B-).  It was fully up to
date at the last meeting.  This will be up and running as soon as I
plug in at the meetings, and I usually turn up early and stay until I
get kicked out.  Once the guys in charge get their server set up, they
can suck it down from my box and serve it from hydra.

There will no doubt be a few other goodies on my server, mostly my own
open source matrix-DFS project, and probably my hacked up version of
freeciv.  If you all ask nicely, I may even run a hacked up freeciv
server, just don't forget that it will be alpha.

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
- Get the best out of your PC!