[H-GEN] Keymapping on Laptop

theticus at excite.com theticus at excite.com
Tue Jul 2 23:06:04 EDT 2002

 Hi Guys, I have this problem.

The situation is this,  I have an ASI Laptop running 800mhz, 64meg ram etc...

I have installed linux 6.2 on it and everything is fine EXCEPT that
the keymappings associated with the Fn Key (function key) do not appear to work.  e.g. if i choose to use the number 5 on the numpad on the laptop, i would press 'Fn' and the letter 'i'. Therefore resulting in a number 5 appearing on the screen.... this does not happen..

The laptop is required to use the 'hard' enter function for the simulator menus and due to the above function key not activating the secondary role of the numpad keys, i cannot activate the simulator.

Can anyone tell me where to edit and configure and stuff like that.

Your help is muchly appreciated.

Thanks,
Theticus