[H-GEN] Debian Question

john duncan agley at austarmetro.com.au
Tue Jul 2 07:32:12 EDT 2002

          Dear List,
                    The bloke I have got to know in USA by helping
him get started on FreeBSD has a question about running a piece of
software on Debian. He is a programmer by trade and is working with
a university over there, he usually works with Microsoft products for
their government but is just discovering Open Source.
                    This software is a 3-D finite element program
called CalculiX and a Linux executable is available under GPL. He
is too busy at the moment to try to compile it on FreeBSD so the uni
gave him RedHat but he had a bad experience with it and he has bought
Debian Potato and wants to try the software on it. Will he have much
trouble with it on Debian ? It is way over my head, he is a smart guy
but knows nothing about Linux, I am worried about the OpenGL API that
the pre and post-processor uses, how will this go on Debian ?

           http://www.calculix.de/

                                Thanks for any help,
                                      John Duncan