[H-GEN] Forward files in exim

Bruce Campbell bc at humbug.org.au
Mon Jul 1 06:23:38 EDT 2002

On 1 Jul 2002, David Jericho wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 20:49, Michael Anthon wrote:
> > Sounds like a job for PROCMAIL !
>
> Repeat after me. Procmail and Exim are the antichrist when combined.
>
> Unless you do some funky error level handling in the Exim configuration
> file, once Exim has handed off the mail to procmail down a pipe, it no
> longer cares what procmail does with it. If procmail chokes for some
> reason, you've lost mail.

Then you are invoking procmail incorrectly.  Exim should wait until
procmail (or any pipe for that matter) returns ok before declaring the
mail delivered.  You may want to make sure that temp_errors within the
pipe declaration is explicitly set to 73 and 75 (EX_CANTCREATE and
EX_TEMPFAIL, which are returned by most versions of procmail).

> http://www.exim.org/docs.html, under the link "The Exim Filter
> Specification - Version <whatever your major version is>".

--==--
Bruce.