[H-GEN] Testing wireless networking at Humbug meeting

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Thu Jan 31 19:00:23 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Sandra Milne wrote:
> after reading the brismesh website a few months ago i got the feeling they
> weren't planning on offering internet access just yet. more of a
> file-sharing/gaming type thing to begin with. was i completely off the
> planet, or have things just progressed since then?

\darkencounselwithoutknowledge{

Last time I looked into this the issue was that providing internet access
over the network might make you a carrier and require you to apply for an
expensive carrier license from DCITA if you allowed any 'commercial'
traffic at all.

This might have changed; and I am sure the brismesh people have looked
into it. I would certainly believe that APANA (being a corporation and
all) would be in a better position to apply for whatever licenses are
necessary.

}

Cheers,

Raymond