[H-GEN] Dialup to GU

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at humbug.org.au
Thu Jan 24 19:01:29 EST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Michael Anthon wrote:

> Anyone here using pppd to dial in to GU?  I've got a mate with an account
> there and I was trying to lead him through setting it up on an powermac that
> I installed Debian on.  Unfortunately it keeps giving an authentication
Wow, last I heard the only stuedent with dial-up at GU where the cs
people - and unless you used slurp you couldn't get ppp.

> error (I think that's what it was), something like "Access denied" when
> looking at the pppd logs.  He's pretty sure that the password is right.
Have you tried connecting using minicom and then starting pppd from the
command line? This old trick lets you test the waters at the other end
if there are problems getting an auth.

Nikolai Lusan