[H-GEN] FreeBSD Sendmail Set-up

john duncan katie4 at eisa.net.au
Tue Jan 22 16:56:18 EST 2002

Dear FreeBSD Users,
                                I am in contact with a young guy
in USA trying to help him set up sendmail for
dial-up use.The instructions on the FreeBSD website
say to load some source to change the sendmail
set-up,we have done this and are aware that he has
to use OSTYPE(freebsd4) to avoid spool locking
problems on 4.3.
                              I don't have FreeBSD here and
would like to know if there is a directory in which he
can use the m4 build process from the README the
same as on OpenBSD. i.e.
# m4 somedir/sendmail/m4/cf.m4 hismail.mc > hismail.cf

The way it is described on the website is what we have
used but the queue won't run except by hand and it
seems complicated to me when the README is the
same as on OpenBSD.
                                    Thanks for any help,
                                         John Duncan