[H-GEN] Kerberos advances

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Jan 14 21:28:37 EST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Sarah Kelly wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and  ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.           ]
> [ Worthwhile understanding: http://www.humbug.org.au/netiquette.html ]
>
> Hi all,
>
> Okay, things are looking up now. Kerberos works, mostly. Turns out that
> we needed to make changes to /etc/services, which we actually had set in
> a NIS+ table rather than the file. We're still getting some complaints
> about an RPC not being registered yet, and some programs are having trouble
> as a result, but it's a lot smoother.
>
> How can I find out what RPCs are registered, and how do I register an RPC?

Believe it or not, it is my understanding that a reboot is required to fix
some RPC registration problems under Solaris.  I read this somewhere deep
in the doco.  It basically says something like "don't be starting &
stopping RPC services out of order, reboot instead".  This is all from
memory so if anyone could provide more specific advice for Sarah I think
that would be narly.

James of the Sun Microsystems, do you have any comments on this RPC
issue?
Cheers,
	Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   blake: up 5 days, 10:47,  1 user,  load average: 1.01, 1.01, 1.00