[H-GEN] Not a valid block device

Rick Phillips rickp at universal.net.au
Wed Feb 13 21:36:58 EST 2002

Hi Paul,

My understanding is that if your CD-ROM is on the second IDE port it should
be device hdc or hdd depending on whether it is a master or slave.  Try
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc (or d) /mnt/cdrom.  If it works, change the fsatb
accordingly.  Mandrake has caused a few problems during install on version
8.1 in not picking up some of the drives properly.

Regards,

Rick