[H-GEN] dhcp issues

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 20 03:04:39 EST 2002

OK I can get dhcp working. HOWEVER, the stupid b0x assigns ITSELF an IP!!
I've got it configured in /etc/network/interfaces as static, and it assigns
itself an IP and promptly takes the entire network offline (because they're
all pointing at the static IP it should have).

Has anyone else encountered this behaviour with dhcpd-2.2.x ? Have I done
something stupid? Should the server also have its own host entry in the
conf file? Should I post my conf file for all to poke fun at?

Sandra. (Hooray no more days of work until the new year!)

silne at optusnet.com.au
http://members.optushome.com.au/silne
"[The Starships Enterprise] are like bra sizes; when you go up a letter
they get
bigger and more impressive."
             -- Kewl Quote from Slashdot Post.