[H-GEN] Solaris 9 on a laptop?

James C. McPherson James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 17 18:55:14 EST 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:25:18 +1000 (EST) "Peter Arnold" <arnoldpj at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:22:42 +1000 (EST) "Peter Arnold"
> > <arnoldpj at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> >> At this point I only have windoze installed where the wireless card
> >> works just fine. Now that I have a bigger disk, I'm looking at multi
> >> booting. I have had solaris on a similar Toshiba laptop before so am
> >> keen to run it up again. I've done a NetBSD install and was impressed
> >> that the card was usable during install.
> >> When trawling the net I found that lynnsoft drivers were recommended
> >> for Solaris 8 but I'm not sure for Solaris 9 as yet. I'd be surprised
> >> if they didn't work. The Lynnsoft drivers just for wireless are US$99.
> >> I was hoping solaris 9 might have native support like NetBSD and
> >> presumable other linux distros but there seems to be no info to
> >> support that as yet. Still, it is only early access....
> > Hi Peter,
> > I'd like to see native support too - I just don't know how the new
> > support / supported / supportable model goes with s9/x86 -- I know it's
> > changed,  but just _how_ - that's another question.
> > I'll get back to you when I've got more info - probably tomorrow a.m.
> That'd be great James!

Hi Peter,
unfortunately I haven't had any responses to my query internally. However,
I did see an email from one bloke who said he was having problems with his
copy of the drivers but I don't know whether he was using the latest version.
I'm checking directly with a colleague who has received the latest version
whether it'll fly with Solaris 9.

ciao,
James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                               Gordon NSW